Thursday, September 20, 2012

Jose's First Blog

"We having a celebration" - The Game

Yes, it's a celebration. As a freelance sportswriter I felt blogging would make me official. Well, it wasn't my idea. My buddy and partner (pretty much the guy that set this up) Daniel asked if I was interested in blogging, I said HYFR. Sorry, if you don't know what that means.

What will our blog be about? -- The title says it all. This is where I will turn to when I want to vent out my frustrations regarding my favorite teams, my fantasy teams, or simply put... Whatever the heck I want to say.

Why should you read this blog? -- Because you will hear the voice of two sports nerds who are unbiased, uncool, but most of all - unknown.

Okay, I lied. I'm totally biased. Just a fore-warning.

Who am I? -- I'm Jose Quintero. I'm a 24 year old shoe salesman with aspirations of being a sportswriter. I am currently an intern at the Daily Press (Victorville, CA), and I also freelance for the San Bernardino Sun. I cover local high school football games for The Sun every Friday night. My main accomplishment is contributing a weekly fantasy football column to the Daily Press. I hope to hone my craft by this time next year, so I can make some money off my fantasy football "advice".

In a nutshell, I'm mostly going to contribute nonsense to this blog. I'm an avid Boxing fan, expect a bunch of Boxing pieces. Baseball (Dodgers, Rays), Football (Eagles), Basketball (Lakers), fantasy sports, you might even get a review or two on movies or hip hop albums. Who knows?

- Jose

No comments:

Post a Comment